Roku is famous for providing the best streaming services to stream entertainment content, watching favorite movies, TV, and other videos. It provides users with an error-free experience. But some users face common errors while streaming videos. The most common error users face is “Roku error 016”. This error can be annoying and interrupt your streaming. If you want to find out the causes and fix the error, then you are at the right place. With this blog, you will get all your question’s solutions. Just follow this blog till the end. But before heading towards the solutions, let’s know briefly about the error.
What is Roku Error 016?
The error code 016 is another Roku error code faced by the users. It is generally triggered when there is a connection issue between the Roku and internet servers. This signifies whether your Roku device has a bad internet connection. However, users don’t know how to resolve this. You can see this error message on your display as – Can’t Connect to the Internet Error Code 016. go to roku.com/connectivity. At this point, it’s important to know the causes of this error.
What Causes Roku Error 016?
From the user’s survey, we have listed some causes for the error code 016. These are:
1. Internet Connection
The Internet plays an important role in streaming your favorite content on Roku. But, whenever your internet becomes unstable, it fails to make a connection with Roku. When this happens, you can see Roku error 016 on your screen. If you have bad internet, then contact your internet service provider.
2. Channel Support
When the error occurs while streaming a channel that doesn’t require any internet, then this issue causes the error. Recently, Roku made updates in their programming language and requested that other channels should do so. However, some channels didn’t want to update, and hence they are no longer on the Roku list. Thus, some of these channels will thoroughly close, which frequently gives rise to the Roku error.
3. DNS Cache
In some scenarios, the DNS Cache that is created in the router causes this error. The DNS Cache stores essential information relating to the router configurations. They can sometimes get corrupted and trigger this error. It is important to clear the cache so that the router can recreate a new one.
Now, after knowing the causes of the error. It’s time to fix the error. You can also visit go.roku/connectivity to learn more about the reasons for the error.
How to Fix Roku Error 016?
Fixing the error code 016 is not a challenging task. Here is how to fix it.
Solution 1: Restart Your Roku
Performing a Roku restart might fix your error. Following are the steps:
- Firstly, go to the Home menu from your Roku remote.
- Secondly, choose Settings and then System Menu.
- Now, scroll up and go to the System Restart option, and click on it.
- After restarting, check for the error.
Solution 2: Enable Network Pings
If your WiFi is not connecting, you can change the settings that trigger the Roku error 016.
- First of all, go to the Home menu and press the home button repeatedly for five times.
- Then, press Fast Forward>>Play>>Rewind>>Play>>Fast Forward buttons in sequence.
- At this point, a new program will appear on the TV.
- After that, scroll up and select the System Operation Menu.
- Scroll up again and select “Enable Network Ping”.
Solution 3: Power Cycle Your WiFi Router and Roku
- Firstly, shut down the TV, Router, and Roku device.
- After shutting down, carefully unplug the power cables from the Router and Roku.
- Now press the Power buttons of both the devices. Wait for at least 15-20 seconds for discharging the electricity stored by capacitors.
- Plug the power cables back into the devices and turn them ON.
- Wait for the access, and after check for the Roku error 016.
Solution 4: Setup New Connection
In some cases, the password or the SSID for the internet connection not have been appropriately registered. Therefore, we will be setting up new connections to fic Roku error 016 in the following steps.
- First of all, press the Home button from your remote and pick the Network option.
- Secondly, choose the Setup New Connection option.
- Now, press the Wireless button.
- After that, Highlight your active internet connection. Enter the Login Details, i.e., the password for it.
- In the end, let the connection establish suitably, and when it completes, check for the error is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Check Your Interner Speed
Slow or poor internet speed can also cause Roku error 016. Reliable internet is required to enjoy your favorite content using a Roku device. To check the internet speed, follow the steps:
- Go to the Settings, then choose the Network option followed by Network Connection.
- Now, here you will be able to examine the quality of the home network signals. You can also check the network speed from here.
Solution 6: Contact Support
This error is mainly related to a problem with either service blockage on Roku’s end. It can also be due to the lack of support from a certain channel. Therefore, it is suggested to contact Roku’s customer support and inform about the same. They will assist you better in this regard.
Read Also- Roku Error 014.30
Now, you know that the Roku error 016 is associated with the connection between the Roku device and the Internet. With this write-up, we present to you the major causes and the solutions to fix the error. The above-given information is easy to operate by any user, even if it’s new to Roku. If you find any difficulty in the mentioned guidance, please do comment.