Overview: If you face issues with your Spectrum router and can’t get it fixed. Then, we will assist you with the best practices for how to reset Spectrum router with this informative blog.
We all know Spectrum is one of the prominent email service providers. It provides fast internet connectivity through its pre-configured WiFi router. Users use Spectrum routers for their offices as well as at home. Instead of being the best in the router industry, it also encounters problems. Users complain that their WiFi routers are not performing well, and they are creating issues in providing fast internet.
You can contact our Spectrum Experts if you need instant help with how to reset Spectrum router. Dial +1844-244-1311; our experts are present to assist you on an urgent basis.
When this type of issue occurs with the router, the best you can do is reset the router. Resetting the router will refresh it and set its settings like the new one. Doing so will help you to get the best with the Spectrum WiFi router. But the main thing has to come. Many users don’t know how to reset their spectrum router. It is not a big issue. When you are new to anything, it isn’t easy to gain knowledge about it. As the same, we have a query of a new user who didn’t know how to reset Spectrum router.
Hi, I am Nick. I bought a new Spectrum WiFi. For some time, it performed great, but it created problems like not providing proper internet and its overheating after some time. I tried to fix it but failed. Then, I also tried to reset it, but I didn’t know the steps for that. So can anyone help me with how to reset Spectrum internet router? It would be helpful.
Things to Perform to Reset Spectrum Router
You can do Spectrum/Reset at home. There is no need to contact the support and ask the technician how to reset spectrum wifi. Before proceeding to the methods, ensure there is no Spectrum service outage. If not, then the methods will work correctly.
Unplug the Spectrum Router Can Resolve the Problem
It is the easiest method to reset the Spectrum router you can follow. This process of resetting will refresh your router and also cool it down in case of overheating. Overheating might be the significant cause if your router is not working correctly. Perform the following steps to know the procedure how to reset Spectrum router:
- Firstly, turn off the modem. If there are batteries, then remove them to turn it off.
- After turning it off, gently unplug the power cable of the WiFi router from the power outlet.
- Then, wait for at least 4-5 minutes, or you can wait until the router cools down.
- Now, plug the power cable back into the power outlet or put the batteries back into the router.
- After plugging, turn on the Power source. The router will take time to ON.
- Later, wait until the Router shows the blue or green light, and it will automatically connect to the internet.
- Lastly, check if all wireless devices are back online.
This process can be done by anyone who can reach the Router. But if this method doesn’t work and you still face the internet problem, then go for the following method.
How to Reset Spectrum Router with Spectrum Application
If restarting the router doesn’t help you, then you can perform this method. In this, we will reset the router with the help of the Spectrum application. If you don’t have the app, then download it and follow the given steps:
- Once you download the My Spectrum app on your mobile device, open it.
- Go to the Services tab, where you have to choose the Internet option.
- Now, pick your Spectrum router option.
- Here, you will see the Restart Equipment option, select it.
- To restart the router, tap on the Restart button to proceed with how to reset Spectrum router
- Your router will restart in a few seconds and then surf your internet.
Note: To use the Spectrum app, ensure you are connected to your Mobile data or any other network except the network with a problematic router. If not, then you can’t access the app and can’t restart your router.
We also have another method that you can use to reset the spectrum router if you don’t have any spectrum app. Here it is:
How to Reset Spectrum Router Online
Using the Spectrum is a proficient way to complete this task without any complications. But what if you don’t have access to the spectrum app and modem? What to do then?
Well, you can reset your Spectrum router online. You have to be patient because it will be entirely done on the browser. It is not difficult, it is as same as the above methods. Follow the given below steps:
- Open any Browser on your desktop or mobile.
- Type Spectrum.net in the URL bar.
- Log in to your Spectrum account by entering login credentials.
- After that, go to Account Summary and choose the My Services tab that is under My Accounts. Click on it to see the list of your active services.
- Now, go to the Services and Equipments option to proceed with how to reset Spectrum router.
- Later, you have to go to the Interner tab and browse for your Spectrum router.
- Click on the Experiencing issues? Tab to reset your router.
- After choosing, click on Reset Equipment.
- The resetting procedure takes some time, so be patient.
You will see a notification appears on the screen, displaying that Router has been reset successfully. Now, you are free to set it again to reassess your internet.
Read Also- Fix Spectrum Port Forwarding Not Working
The above-stated information on how to reset Spectrum router guides you whenever your Spectrum router is not working well. The experts advise these steps and also check your internet speed check by performing an online Speed test. It is also recommended that you put your WiFi router in the center of the office or home area to get proper strength of the internet. If the problem continues and you want experts to help, then you can contact our Spectrum Experts by dialing +1844-244-1311. Here our experts will aid your problem with 24/7 service. Thank You!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to Reset Spectrum Router Manually?
A. To reset the Spectrum router manually, you have to:
- Firstly, find a pointy thing like a pin or sim card pin.
- Then, find the reset button on the router, usually given at the back of the router.
- After that, press and hold the reset button for 5-8 seconds.
- In some time, the router will reset to the factory settings.
Q. How can I soft reset my Spectrum router?
A. For a soft reset, plug the router power cable from the power outlet and wait for 5 seconds. After that, plug back the router’s cable to the power outlet and turn it on.