It’s very easy to understand the sacrum performance. If it shows a blue light, then everything with the modem is perfect. If it shows a white light, it simply means the network is poor. Recently, my friend Michael asked me about spectrum light that was both blue and white. None of which was constant. He was confused—why is the spectrum modem flashing blue and white light?
The most common reason is updating the spectrum. Usually, the spectrum modem online light blinks every time the modem updates.
But if the lights keep blinking after the update, something is fishy! Well, it also means that updates may have failed. And you start wondering. Thus, you’ll have to find out what’s causing it and why it’s blinking blue & white?
Spectrum Modem Online Light White and Blue Shows| What to do ?
Each light on the spectrum indicates something. Hence, first, learn what it means, and then it gets easier to troubleshoot this issue.
- Blue Solid light shows that the modem operates on DOCSIS 3.1 high-speed internet.
- White Solid light shows that the modem operates on DOCSIS 3.0 standard speed internet.
- Flashing Blue and White light The modem is trying to establish a connection, possibly due to a damaged coaxial cable.
- No light shows no network access.
Read Also- How To Reset Spectrum Router
How Do I Troubleshoot Spectrum Modem Light Blinking?
If your spectrum modem is flashing white and blue, it simply means a connectivity issue. Thus, there can be two instances: Temporary or Permanent
If it’s temporary, it will be resolved automatically. But, if the issue is permanent, it means the spectrum modem is flashing blue and white continuously; the issue needs to be sorted manually.
Hene, follow these methods here and see if that resolves the issue.
1. Verify Physical Connection:
You don’t need to panic! Sometimes, resetting the physical connection resolves the issue. Thus, you can check out these points and see if the problem is resolved:
- First of all, check the power supply. Please make sure the modem is getting enough power.
- Next, check the connection cables. See id nay if these are damaged or loosely connected to the devices.
- After that, please check and make sure the connections are correctly configured.
2. Inquire For Local Outage:
If the spectrum modem lights blue to white, check the severe status. If there is rain in your area, or the weather is disturbed, it may happen. Therefore, check the server status.
For that, Go to the Spectrum Outage Information and Troubleshooting page. From here, you can find out if the internet services are down.
3. Reboot Your Spectrum Modem
You can apply a soft reboot to your spectrum modem. This may resolve the spectrum modem online light white and blue issues.
Unplug the power cable from the wall to do that. 3-5 minutes should be sufficient. If you do this, your modem will have ample time to power cycle down. As a result, it will ensure that the hardware has no energy.
As five minutes pass by, reconnect the power cable and check again.
4. Use Another Coax Wall Outlet
Have you checked your coax cable? Inside the wall outlet, go and see if it’s damaged. These cables also expire and cannot prevent external damage (eaten by rates etc.).
Thus, check the coax wall outlet to see if everything with the modem is acceptable and if no technical issues are present. If required, change it immediately.
You can ask Spectrum support or your local technician to change it.
5. Check Spectrum Status Using App Or Browser
Use this method to resolve the spectrum modem online light blinking issue. Here are two options: Use the spectrum app or website to see the status.
On your phone, install the My Spectrum App on your mobile. Otherwise, go to the web browser and visit Spectrum.net to check the spectrum status.
- To begin, log in to your Spectrum account using your credentials.
- Now, select the Services option. It’ll automatically check for your modem status.
- Here, if it shows:
- A Green checkmark– The modem is Ok.
- A Red exclamation mark (!) – The modem has a connection issue.
- You can troubleshoot and reset your modem by choosing the Troubleshoot option.
- If it didn’t help, then select “Experiencing Issues?”
- This page will help you manually reset your modem.
6. Reset Your Spectrum Modem (via App)
You can also try to reset the Spectrum modem using its app. This will help you resolve software issues.
- To begin, please download & install the My Spectrum App on your mobile.
- Now, tap to open it and log in to your account.
- After that, locate and select the My Account tab.
- Moving forward, select the Services icon.
- Then, select “Internet.”
- Now, choose your router.
- Tap on Restart Equipment.
- At last, click the Restart button to end the process.
7. Restart the Gateway
If you’re using both the router and the modem, you need to reset them both. Here’s how you can do this:
- Firstly, turn off the switch that is connected to the gateway.
- Now, detach the batteries and take them out.
- Please wait for five minutes.
- Then, put these batteries back in place.
- Connect the device to the power supply.
- Wait for a minute before turning on the switch.
- Let the device establish the connection itself.
8. Contact Spectrum
If nothing above helps or the issue repeats frequently, contact your spectrum support. That is your last resort as the problem is not in your control and requires expert assistance.
Ask the technician to run a diagnostic test. It’ll help you understand if the issue is with the internet. Alos, it may be an issue with the modem box, then it’ll be replaced by the service provider.
Read Also- Enable WPS Button on Spectrum Router
Summing up the Guide:
Facing a spectrum modem flashing blue and white is indeed annoying. However, you can always try to troubleshoot it using this guide. The methods are easy and quick. Moreover, it doesn’t require any technical expertise. But we’re here if it still arises and you cannot contact Spectrum support! Feel free to contact Internet Homes‘ experts will provide you with the best solutions.