Roku error code 009 means your Roku streaming device can’t connect to the internet. It is a network error, stating that the Roku device will connect to the internet but can’t access it.
This error also occurs if your Roku device faces some license issues. You can encounter this error with Roku devices like Roku Ultra, Roku Box, and Roku Express. This blog discusses all the proven fixes for the error 009 Roku.
What is Roku Error Code 009?
The Roku Error 009 appears when the Roku device can’t connect to the internet. Error 009 can occur whether you connect to wired or wireless networks. The common reason for this issue is your internet service provider. Also, the damaged hardware and cable or corrupted DNS data can block the Wi-Fi signal. There are more causes for the 009 errors mentioned in the below section.
You Might Also Like- How To Fix Roku Error 006
What Causes Roku Error Code 009?
This error code mostly appears due to internet failure. We have found some more causes:
- Sometimes the cached DNS configurations get corrupted by the router. It interrupts the connection of the Roku streaming device.
- Roku streaming device requires a stable and fast internet connection. Hence, the frequent disconnect from the internet can be a reason for this error.
- If you use cables to connect to the internet, then loose cables be a reason.
Sometimes, the corrupted Roku System stops you from connecting to the internet server.
- The wrong configuration of Roku prompted this error 009 Roku.
These are the most common causes of the Roku error 009. Now, let’s troubleshoot the error.
How to Fix Roku Error Code 009?
Below are the proven methods to fix the Roku error message:
Method#1: Power Cycling Cables
This error occurs due to conflict within the launch configurations or corruption. Thus, in this section, we will power-cycling the devices. Doing this will clear all the cached data and eliminate the router’s DNS cache. Now, follow the steps:
- Firstly, unplug the power cable from the wall power socket.
- Secondly, press and hold the “Power” button for at least 15 seconds.
- Now, put the power cable back and press the power button to turn on the devices.
- Now, wait until the devices turn on and check for the error.
Method#2: Rebooting the Roku Device
- Firstly, press the “Home” button on your Remote for the main screen.
- Scroll down to the “Settings” option.
- Then, press the “System” setting options from the Settings option.
- Furthermore, inside the System option, select the “Power” option and click on the OK button. It will redirect you to the Power option.
- Next, scroll down to press the “System Restart” option and click on the OK button from the Remote.
- Here, select the “Restart” option. It will restart your system. The TV will turn off, but after some time, it will turn on automatically.
Method#3: Reset Networking Settings
The corrupted configuration of the Roku network can also give rise to the Roku error code 009. Therefore in this section, we will reset all the network configurations. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, open your Roku and log in to your account.
- Secondly, go to the Settings option and click on the “System”.
- Then, choose the “System Restart”>>“Network Connection Reset” option.
- Now, wait until the device resets, after which it will automatically restart.
- After the device turns on, select the “Settings” option and click on the “Network” option.
- Choose the “Wi-Fi” option>>“Set up a New Wi-Fi Connection” option.
- Then, choose the Wi-Fi to connect to and click on the “I am at home” option.
- Choose the “Automatic” option and enter the password.
- After the connection is complete successfully, check for the error 009 Roku.
Method#4: Resetting Software
Resetting the Roku software can help you fix the Roku error code 009. In order to do that:
- Firstly, open Roku and sign in to your account.
- Secondly, move to Settings and select the “System” option.
- Then, choose “System Restart” and opt for the “Factory Reset” option.
- After that, wait for a while until the device reboots.
Method#5: Shift Your Roku Device Closer to the Router
The distance between the Roku device and the router can also trigger the Roku error code 009. The items between them can block the signal. Hence, the device must be close to and in range of the router. It will help you stream the Roku device.
Read Also- How To Fix Roku Error 014.30?
That’s all. You don’t have to worry if you get Roku error code 009. This guide will help you resolve the error by the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods. You can check your cables before proceeding to the methods, and maybe you have loose cables. You can also head to go.roku.com/connectivity error code 009 for other solutions. We hope you will resolve the error with the help of this guide. In case you are not able to do it on your own, contact Internet Homes experts to help you resolve this issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why isn’t my Roku TV connecting to the internet? If you are unable to connect your Roku to Internet, then you can reset your router. It will improve the wireless signal’s strength. If resetting doesn’t improve your connection, then contact your internet service provider.
- My Roku is connected to the WiFi but doesn’t work, why? If your Roku is connected to WiFi or internet but not working, then you have encountered Roku error code 009. Try to restart your Roku device to fix the error. If restarting doesn’t help you, then use an ethernet cable to check if the issue is WiFi or not. If WiFi is doing well, then it’s an issue with the Internet server.