Though, there are times when a few issues keep on arising while you access Gmail for managing mails or messages. In recent days, many Windows, Android, or iPhone users have complaint that their Gmail App Crashing while they open it.
Well, this is a problem that can occur due to compatibility issues, server problems, outdated Gmail apps, or outdated browsers. For a non-tech, it could be next to impossible to solve it out. In this post, we discuss in detail why it appears and how to fix it.
Reasons For The Appearance Of Gmail App Crashing
Gmail App Keeps Crashing because of multiple reasons. Few are listed underneath:
- An abrupt increase in the Gmail server could result in Gmail App Crashing
- It also usually happens due to poor internet connection or bad Internet Homes
- Gmail App may get outdated.
- The locally stored cache may get corrupted or damaged.
- Incomplete installation of files.
- Inappropriate Gmail account Security Settings.
- Storage issues can also lead to a crashing problem with Gmail.
- Incompatible programs or applications
- Or some random bugs
Advanced Troubleshooting Tips To Fix Gmail App Crashing Problem
With a few simple clicks along with some certain tricks, you can solve Gmail App Crashing. Implement the below-noted steps one-by-one appropriately:
- First and foremost, make sure that your operating system has a strong internet connection.
- In the next step, ensure that you are using the current and upgraded version of the Gmail App.
- Make sure your software is up-to-date. To check it out, go to the play store on your Android phone and then navigate to “My Apps”. If you see the “Update” option on the screen, place a tap on it. It will take a couple of minutes to complete the update process. If in case, you see no “Update” button, then click on “Refresh” and thereafter, tap the “Update” button.
- Furthermore, you have to restart your computer and then go to the “Settings” tab.
- Afterward, go to the apps and then click the three-dotted line which is located at the top-right corner.
- Now, give a click on “Show System Apps”
- After that, search for the Android system web view and then select it to uninstall updates.
Thus, when Gmail App Keeps Crashing while composing or sending any emails, without any worry, start following the above directives.
Instructive Solutions To Fix Gmail App Crashing Problem
Additional effective guidance we suggest you here to try for getting your Gmail App Crashing error resolved. No matter on what device you are using your Gmail account here is the powerful solution for you. Let’s begin to follow one after another:
Solution 1: Things To Perform If Gmail App Crashing On Google Chrome
Both Google Chrome and Gmail are used by millions of people across the world. Numerous users are most likely to access Gmail on the Chrome browser. But chances are also high of experiencing technical faults such as Gmail App Crashing. To fix it soon, all you need to do is to walk through the steps given below:
- First of all, what we recommend you is clear the cache of Google Chrome.
- Next, you need to click on the “Wrench” icon which is placed at the top-right of the browser window.
- Afterward, select the “Options” tab, and then click on the “Clear Browsing data” button.
- Then, choose the items that you want to remove.
- Thereafter, once more time select the “clear browsing data” option.
- If you couldn’t clear Chrome Cache, press the “Ctrl+Shift-N” keys to open the incognito window before signing Gmail.
This may solve your Gmail App Keeps Crashing problem. If you use Android for accessing Gmail, skip the above one. Just move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Things To Perform If Gmail App Crashing On Android
Of course, Gmail may get crashed on Android as well. So, take the following steps to fix it:
- First, clear the cache and cookies of your app. To do this, go to your mobile settings and then navigate to the App option. After that, go to “All Apps” and then click Gmail. Now, hit on storage and clear the cache.
- Next, try to uninstall and reinstall the Gmail app. Doing so will help you to restore the default settings. Furthermore, you can also try updating the app.
- Sign out and again sign in to your device with the correct details.
- Check for the “Sync” settings because if the synchronization is set to “OFF”, you may confront Gmail App Crashing. Just adjust your sync settings to “ON” by going to your mobile settings.
- Moreover, you can also try disabling the dark mode and also disable and re-enable your Gmail app.
- In the end, reboot your system and then access Gmail to check if your problem has been resolved.
Solution 3: Things To Perform If Gmail App Crashing On iPhone
If there is a network problem or inappropriate IMAP/SMTP Settings, Gmail App Crashing error may arise. However, several more issues are responsible for the Gmail won’t load on your iPhone. Following are the steps you need to go through:
- First, try removing and adding your account from your iPhone. You can also sign out and sign in again to your Gmail account.
- Next, you should check and enable IMAP. You are also required to activate it to receive the emails frequently. Sometimes IMAP for Gmail can’t get enabled and hence in such case, you won’t receive any emails.
- Next, update your Gmail app because some fruitful features won’t work on the older version of the Gmail app. That’s why it is essential to update your Gmail app as soon as possible.
- Further, you can also try deleting your app and reinstalling it again. This can terminate the issues happening with the settings.
- At last, close the Gmail app forcefully and then try restarting your iPhone.
Read Next- How to Recall an Email in Gmail?
Summing It Up
If you are not satisfied with the aforementioned informative solution, feel free to contact us via dialing the helpline number. We are technically experienced and highly qualified so, the Gmail App Crashing error will get resolved in just a second.