As we all know, Roku is an advanced streaming device that helps us watch our favorite content. It offers access to online media content like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Sling TV, Hulu, Pluto TV, etc. But somehow, users noticed that their Hulu not working on Roku. It might be due to specific reasons, which we will explain through this blog. Also, follow this blog to get rid of this Hulu issue. Like your problem, we also have the same query of a user, have a look at that if you are experiencing the same.
“Hi, I am Mick Reywon. For three days, I notice that my Hulu keeps crashing on Roku while streaming. I don’t know why it is happening. I tried to reaccess the Hulu after some time but in the end, facing the same. Can anyone provide me with a proper explanation of why this is transpiring? Also, the solutions to fix my Roku Hulu not working issue.”
If you face this problem, contact our experts for any Roku Technical issue at +1844-244-1311.
Before proceeding to the solutions, let’s know what Hulu is, and it works.
Hulu is an American subscription streaming service owned by The Walt Disney Company that provides live TV streaming services. Also, it offers users to stream various films and TV series. It works when you subscribe to Hulu and sign up for an account. Then it grants you access to a vast content library. But sometimes, Hulu won’t load on Roku due to some reasons. Let’s proceed to them.
Why is Hulu Not Working on Roku?
There can be a lot of reasons why Hulu on Roku not working. We have listed some of them. These are:
- Due to bad internet connection.
- Hulu network error.
- Wrong Hulu credentials.
- You are using an outdated version of Roku software.
- The Hulu app is not updated to the latest version.
Read Also – How To Connect Roku To Wi-Fi?
Steps to Troubleshoot Hulu Not Working on Roku Issue
Fixing the Roku Hulu is not a difficult task. Resolving the issue consist of simple fixation steps, which are mentioned below:
Measure 1: Examine Whether You are Using a Supported Device
After the recent updates, it observes that the Hulu can only be operated on the latest Roku devices. Also, your Roku TV should have 8.1 or higher firmware. We have listed the latest version of Roku, and by this, you can get rid of Hulu not working on Roku.
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- 4K Roku TV
- Roku 3 and 4
- Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500 or later)
- Roku 2 (model 4210)
- Roku Ultra
- Roku TV
If you are using the latest version of Roku from the above list and still facing the same, then follow the following approach.
Measure 2: Re-Add Hulu
Sometimes, the Hulu not working on Roku issue falls due to improper settings. It would help if you tried to reset the Hulu. Here’s how:
- Firstly, open the Main Menu on Roku.
- Secondly, find the Hulu app.
- Then, press the Asterisk symbol (*) from the remote.
- After that, you have to choose the Remove Channel option.
- Now, turn off the TV and wait for two minutes.
- Next, access the Roku Channel Store and choose Hulu.
- After that, you have to choose Add Channel option.
- At last, open the Hulu app and check for its working on Roku.
Measure 3: Re-Login Hulu
An unexpected issue might occur which can corrupt your Hulu. If this happens, you can’t stream your favorite content on Hulu. So this needs to be fixed. Re-login to the Hulu can fix this. Following are the steps:
- Firstly, open the Hulu on Roku.
- Then, click on your Profile icon from the global navigation panel to access it.
- Now, choose log out from the menu to prevent your current session and wait for 2-3 minutes.
- After that, re-enter the login credentials.
- Next, the Hulu account data will reset after signing in,
- Finally, stream your favorite movie or series to check the error.
Measure 4: Check Your Internet Connection
A bad internet connection can also stop your Hulu not working on Roku. As the internet plays an essential role in streaming videos on Hulu live. Ensure that your device is connected to a strong internet. To stream, there should be at least 8 MBPS internet speed.
Measure 5: Soft Reset Roku
Here are the steps to reset the Roku.
- Firstly, press the Home key five times from your remote.
- Secondly, press Up first and then the Rev Scan button (<<) three times.
- After that, press the Fwd Scan(>>) button two times.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions.
- At last open the Hulu and check for Hulu not working on Roku issue.
Measure 6: Factory Reset Roku
If the issue remains by following the above method, we should perform a hard reset of Roku, an advanced practice. Here are the steps:
- Open your Roku and go to Settings.
- Then, visit the System and then click on Advanced Settings.
- After that, choose the Factory Reset.
- Press on Yes and wait for a while.
- After the reset finish, open the Hulu again.
Measure 7: Update Roku
Updating the Roku to the latest release can fix Hulu not working on Roku issue.
- Firstly, you have to press the Home button on your Roku Remote,
- Then, scroll down and choose Settings.
- After that, select System and then System Update
- Now, choose the Check Now option to check for updates manually.
Measure 8: Check Hulu Servers
If the Hulu not working on Roku and fails to connect, then the issue is not from your side. Maybe the Hulu servers are down or under maintenance. Wait until the servers go up. If, after waiting, the server still doesn’t work, then contact Hulu’s support account on Twitter; it’s a bigger platform.
Read Also – How To Fix Roku Keeps Buffering?
With the above-given information, we try to fix your Hulu not working on Roku issue. These steps are easy to operate, and even a new user can use them and resolve the issue.
If you cannot fix the issue after following the above methods, you can contact Internet Homes‘ Roku experts at +1844-244-1311. Our experts will surely help you with the matter.