Linksys is undoubtedly a top-most brand in home computer networking usually preferred for smooth wireless connection. Linksys router is been utilized by many internet users just because of its great product quality and durability. Its major aim is to proffer seamless wireless performance to your home network. However, just like other devices, there are always chances of confronting technical glitches with your Linksys router. You might have noticed that your Linksys router all of a sudden has stopped working. Wireless connectivity and network performance may get affected due to incompatible security settings. Chill! There are basic Linksys Router Troubleshooting tricks and techniques that will assist you to cope with the router problem. Continue reading the post to procure effective solving ideas.
What Factors Are Responsible For Linksys Router Not Working Problem
Linksys Router Not Working problem can be caused by several reasons. Some of the most common feasible factors are listed below. Take a brief look at once:
- Linksys router probably has lost internet connection from Modem
- Overheating Linksys Wi-Fi router could also result in Linksys Router Problems.
- When Linksys router goes out-of-date, then also Linksys doesn’t work.
- Inappropriate configuration of Linksys router is also the one possible reason for Linksys Router Not Working problem.
- Faulty cable connection can also be the one reason for your router problem.
- Firewall or antivirus software blocking internet and hence result in Linksys not working problem.
If your Linksys router is not working for any of these above reasons, don’t feel blue! You have finally landed on the correct page. The post has compiled numerous productive solutions, only you have to implement one after another till your router starts working perfectly.
Prolific Linksys Router Troubleshooting Tips
- Cross-check the modem, computer, and router to ensure that they are powered on. Also, make sure that the power light on the router is ON.
- Check all physical connections established between the Linksys router and other equipment.
- Make sure that the light for each of your hardware connections is green which indicates they are ON.
- Make sure cables from the router to the modem are connected properly.
- Upgrade the current version of the Linksys Wi-Fi router firmware to work swiftly.
If Your Linksys wireless router is still not working or having issues with network home seamless connection, simply read further.
Solving Guide 1: Reset Linksys Router To Default Factory Settings
Looking to learn how to fix My Linksys Router Is Not Working problem? Resetting the router to the default settings would be the one-stop solution. Here’re the suitable resetting procedures you should execute to bring your router working back. Let’s follow:
- First and forecast, plug the Linksys router into the power outlet firmly and turn on the router.
- Now, place the reset key at the back or beneath the Linksys router.
- Next, reset the Linksys router using the reset key at the back of your Linksys wireless router.
- Afterward, slightly press the reset key with the use of a paper clip or Pen and hold the key for 20-30 seconds.
- Once you see all lights flashing onto the Linksys router, release the reset key.
- Restart the Linksys router along with the modem to check if the Linksys Router Not Working problem is been resolved.
If still, your router is not working, move to the next solution.
Solving Guide 2: Verify Static/Dynamic IP – DHCP Server Relation
You probably have set a static IP to your device earlier and your DHCP server is still enabled. So, attempt to log in to your Linksys router just by accessing its classic web-based setup page. Here’s what to implement:
- Open any web browser on your computer.
- Enter “192.168.1.1” in the Address bar.
- Press the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
- Further, you need to provide your login details correctly.
- Thereafter, check if this feature is enabled.
- In case it is so, make it disable first and then check if your IP address is static.
- If it is actually static, the Linksys router will work flawlessly.
- And, If it is dynamic, try enabling the DHCP feature back.
If even after enabling the static/dynamic IP the Linksys Router Is Not Working, try another solving trick for Linksys Router Troubleshooting.
Solving Guide 3: Use Default Gateway For Internet Connection
Here’s how to do so:
- Press the “Windows logo” key and the “R” key simultaneously to evoke the “Run” command box.
- Now, type “cmd” in the search field and hit the “Enter” key.
- Next, type “ipconfig” in the command prompt window and press the “Enter” key.
- Here, on the appeared screen, you will find the default gateway.
- Enter the displayed gateway in the “URL” of your web browser.
- It will thereafter ask you for your username and password.
- Once you enter the login credentials, the computer will somehow accept the Internet connection.
If you are only able to connect to the Internet through your modem but not through the router, the above steps could help. Attach the suitable cable from the modem to the router, then the router to the computer using a LAN cable. Now, on your Windows PC, you will just find the default gateway. Further, use that gateway for ultimate connection.
For Additional Support, Contact Us At 24/7 Helpline Number
Is your Linksys Router Not Working yet? Have you gone through the aforementioned directives appropriately without skipping a single step? Don’t worry! Our experts at Internet Homes are here to support you round the clock. Just, contact us via the helpline number and share your problem without any hesitation. Within a couple of seconds, your Linksys router will start working fine and hence internet will work impeccably.